VIDEO MESSAGE COMPETITION
The Danny Faure Foundation invites students aged 13 to 17 years to submit a video message on the occasion of the United Nations World Oceans Day which is commemorated on the 8th of June. The theme this year is ‘Revitalization: Collective Action for the Ocean’.
The video message competition is in line with two of five pillars of the Foundation, namely Ocean Governance and the Blue Economy. It is through activities such as the video message competition that the Foundation aims to sensitise the youth on the importance of protecting and conserving the ocean and the marine resources for the benefit of humanity. Without a healthy ocean there is no healthy planet.
The competition also coincides with the first anniversary of the launch of the Danny Faure Foundation. The best 15 videos will be selected by a jury and will be transmitted to the below listed international organisations. The videos will also be accessible for viewing by the public on the Foundation’s website, YouTube channel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. The 15 winners will also receive a prize.
- Inter-Governmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO;
- Oceans and Natural Resources in the Commonwealth Secretariat;
- La Francophonie;
- Friends of Ocean Action of the World Economic Forum.
Participants are encouraged to be creative and innovative. Interested participants should record a video message.
The video message should promote ocean protection and call for collective action for the ocean and:
– The video should not exceed 2 minutes
– The video should be filmed in the sea or on the beach
– The message should be in English or French
– The message could be spoken, sung, written or in sign language. Subtitles should be included with messages that use sign language.
– Participants can only submit 1 video
- Safety precautions must be observed whilst filming to avoid injury or loss of life.
- Children must seek permission from their parent or guardian before uploading photos or videos of themselves on the internet. A person is legally considered as a child if he or she is under the age of 18 years old.
Video messages must be original and should be in line with laws that govern the use and protection of intellectual property.
Interested participants have until the 30th of April 2022 to submit their video message. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Use https://wetransfer.com/ to email the video message along with the name, age, telephone number and NIN of the participant to the Foundation’s email address at email@example.com
For queries regarding the competition please contact the Coordinator Mr. Larrey Chetty on 2510869 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org